Tuesday, October 30

Cooking via Pinterest

I have made 3 delicious meals in the past week that all came from the ever addicting Pinterest.  I was needing to use up certain things we had around the house, so in doing so I found 3 recipes that would utilize a portion of those foods.  I would say the results were outstanding and I would make all 3 meals again.  I would love to share them with you so maybe you can try them yourself!

#1:  Carnitas Tacos!  MMMM.....
The original post came from here at EatLiveRun.com.  The recipe can be found here: Crock pot beef carnitas.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to start reading this blog more frequently as I enjoyed the way the author wrote this post.  One day I'll make my OWN food and I'll blog as clearly as this author.  Here is what mine looked like right before we devoured them!  I added an extra jalepeno(I don't know how to create the tilde on my n) because The Mr. and I love things spicy!


#2: Loaded baked potato soup!  Another MMM!!!

This one comes from Disney from Carnation Cafe.  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/carnation-cafe-closes-thursday-for-renovations-at-disneyland-park/
This was The Mr's favorite.  It is definitely a good meal to start feeding Hagen with more fat (per Pediatrician's request as he is SOOO active), though I think we have to have this one on special occasions since we are trying to be healthier ourselves!  It was a hands on meal for longer than I thought, but it was very worth it in the end!  I also highly suggest cutting your veggies and potatoes BEFORE you start cooking as everything went quicker than I could cut!  (Notice Hagen's cute dish set he got from Mr. Grandma -aka The Mr's mom!)




#3: Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
The third meal I sadly didn't take any pictures of.  We were in the midst of Sandy and I was constantly waiting for the power to go out.  It never did, THANKFULLY, but when this meal finished I sighed a BIG sigh and we scarfed it down while we listened to the wind and rain outside!  Sorry there are no pictures.  Believe me though it was DELICIOUS!!!!  The recipe came from plainchicken.com and this was the recipe for the Slow Cooker Ham and White Beans.  I improvised on this meal again.  There was a HUGE sale on boneless pork-chops, so instead of Ham I diced up those pork chops and tossed them in.  We also had a ham bone left over, so I did throw that in as well!  I really enjoyed this and LOVE how easy it was to cook the beans in the slow cooker.  I don't cook a lot with beans because I'm not super prepared to soak them overnight, so when it comes time to cook I think, shoot if only I'd soaked them... now I have to find a new meal!  But with the slow cooker I just threw them in UN-SOAKED!  Revolutionary for me!!!

Have you tried any new recipes lately that you think we need to try?  If so I'd love to hear them!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment